PTI Orthotics in Boulder has these tips for runners using custom orthotics. Some pursue the option after experiencing foot pain or a compromised plantar fascia, but others have no issues and simply enjoy the feel and support offered by the inserts.
Among the advantages for runners, custom orthotics can:
- Improve over-pronation and gait challenges
- This helps reduce the chance of forming stress fractures, too.
- Help alignment and stabilization
- The body and feet, including all joints and components, feel properly placed.
- Encourage good posture
- Increase comfort
- The added support can help to improve comfort during exercise.
- Help prevent injuries from getting worse
- Discourage the snowball-effect of injuries and conditions like shin splints, blisters, tendonitis, plantar fasciitis, and other ailments.